Saturday 20 April 2013

The Personal Project- My Experience


When I started thinking about a suitable personal project topic, I was puzzled about where my passion lied. With the deadline to submit my project topic in 2 weeks, I thought of all the possible options: ranging from the creation of a website, making a magazine, to my own organization. At that time I met a movie director, who told me about his experience of documentary making. After listening to him, I was really passionate about this job and wanted to make a documentary for my personal project. Successful completion of this project seemed like reaching the zenith to me.
This documentary was meant to draw the attention of my audience towards the burning social issue of child labor and paint a picture of it within the time of fifteen minutes. I began by researching my topic for few months and then I started visiting villages to expand my knowledge about the subject.  This aided me in framing my own opinions about the matter and not relying on the knowledge of the internet.  These visits made me more sensitive while dealing with the working kids and also while talking to their parents.  At times it was really arduous for me to make them believe that this film is for a noble cause.
My first shoot was the most difficult one. After shooting the whole day, I discovered that my film had disturbed pixels, with background traffic noises, and no clarity. Then I realized the need of better equipment and shooting techniques. Later, I worked on editing which was the toughest part of the whole process. I had never worked on this before, and for my project I was using the most advanced software. After some hit and trials, some falling and rising, at the end of my project I think I can be called a good film maker!
-Divya Tyagi
8B





No comments:

Post a Comment