Tuesday 18 September 2012

Book Review- Murder On The Nile


Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie was a British writer born on the 15th of September 1890. She is best known for her crime novels consisting of the famous fictional characters, Hercule Poirot and Miss. Jane Marple. Her books have sold over four billion copies worldwide and ranks third, to Shakespeare and the Bible, as the most sold set of books ever. Her most famous series is the Hercule Poirot series and two of her most famous books ever are ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ and ‘Murder on the Nile’. Murder on the Orient Express is the book that I have just read. By far, it is one of the most complex and stunning books that I have ever read. The way Agatha Christie built up the plot and maintained the nail-biting suspense till the end, was truly mind-boggling. I will not reveal the ending because that is for you to find out, but I will describe my favourite characters. I really liked the character of Hercule Poirot in this story because I feel like he almost knew the ending all along. I also liked the character of MacQueen in this story because I feel like he was an excellent actor and kept on tricking Hercule until the end. The plot revolves around a few men and women who are in the train when a murder occurs. However, Poirot has found a way that might link the murder of the man to people on board…

Karan Pandanda

Grade 8 A

No comments:

Post a Comment