Thursday 27 September 2012

Mathematics in the 8th grade.


Mathematics has always been a subject that gives me great pleasure, especially after completing the hardest sum. At least for me, mathematics is a subject that tests me and pushes me to do the best I can, all the time. There are two Mathematics teachers in the middle school, Ms. Neeta Ramesh and Mrs. Vandana Kapoor. Since I am in the 8th grade, I am unaware of what the other grades are doing in Mathematics. However, I can give an overview of what has been covered in Mathematics so far in the 8th grade. We started with the topic ‘Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages’ upon which we had to make and present charts and PowerPoint presentations. After that, we were tested upon the topic ‘Percentages’. About three weeks back, we started work on Indices and Scientific Notation. Both the topics will be tested together. These subjects in Mathematics all interest me, but some of the more extensive and important topics in Mathematics will be coming up. For example, we will be studying Algebra next, and along the year, we will be learning Extended Algebra, Data Handling, and much more.-Karan PandandaGrade 8A

No comments:

Post a Comment